Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's all about the angles.

Jonah, Jonah, Jonah!! Honestly, where was your sense of adventure? The Moment that the Lord is not in the center of the circle of your life...the angles are all off arn't they? Adventures are not worth the price of admission, not worth the cost of a cross. All too often, safety is found in oneself and not in the Lord!! I was teaching a class to a bunch of 5th graders who could not seem to grasp the fact that the straight 180 degree line is not born in a vaccuum! From their limited perspective, the facts were simple...there was only a straight line and it's 180 degrees...end of the story!! How much more they were missing to the circle that really made up the picture. Yes, there were 360 degrees to consider...not just 180!! Rather than just having a straight line, the reality is that the degrees are really part of a circle..! After dancing around the room and making angles with our arms and turning around in circles...LOL sounds kind of like life doesn't it....the 5th grade class finally began to see angles the same way God does...! All angles are part of a greater whole that only works when the center is the same...!! Where's your center? Centered on Christ...able to see heavenly perspective??  Consider the word,

Jonah’s Anger at the Lord’s Compassion

But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. Now, Lord, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.”
But the Lord replied, “Is it right for you to be angry?”

Wow...I love this passage because it's soooo me!! I have all the facts...at least all the ones I can see from my angle..the one where I'm strangely close to the center...Yikes! God must be at the center if you are going to see the big picture! 

Principle: When doubtful emotions surround your view and you wish to question the master, it's "you", not God who resides at the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment