Friday, January 24, 2014

Titus 3:1-8

New International Version (NIV)

Saved in Order to Do Good

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.
At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewalby the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.


I was reading today in John 1 and hope that fills my soul arrived again as I read…Behold..the lamb of God that takes away the sin…Wow! The Hope that never disappoints is always there to take away our sin and the certain death we are always facing is always there too, if we do not cover our lives with the blood of the lamb of God. Somehow, I wondered if I should check in with the lamb…!! According to verse three of Titus 3, we are reminded that "at one time"! However, what about this morning..?? What about "this" time? Are you going to be foolish today?? Disobedient?? Lord…today…this time, I need your righteousness..your blood to cover my life..!! I want your kindness to mark each one of my steps…According to Proverbs 3, make my paths straight? Lord, you are faithful, always faithful to make me new…Today is all we have…let me devote myself to doing what is good and Lord may it be profitable for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment