Saturday, March 5, 2016

misconceptions and mayhem

1 Corinthians 2:1-3New International Version (NIV)



And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling.

Sadly...all of us think we know something that we really don't know!! Can you even imagine if when we spoke to one another that the only thing about which we were certain was that there was a God and that we were not Him? Also, what if our attitude did not go beyond Jesus Christ and him crucified, along with great fear and trembling?  So much of our conversations are really glorifying us and our thoughts about life. "I know what's best" we say to one another, when in fact, only God knows best!! There are so many misconceptions that we have on a daily basis about life, about each other, and about God that we really ought to let our words be few! What are your thoughts about God tonight? I cannot help but wonder what were the thoughts or misgivings of Jonah as the word, "Nineveh" when in and out through the corridors of his mind! "Nineveh"! Bloodshed!  Betrayal! Mayhem! Madness! Never! Never! Never! Ha! Mark my words, Jonah wasn't thinking about Neverland! Rather, he was thinking, "Never, never, never will I go to that "Land"!  So, what's your red zone? What's your misgiving? What word is spoken that makes you say the word, "Never"! Too many times..there is dross...the junk of our souls making the way cloudy...only when we allow the dross to be raised to the surface of truth and then removed can we see Christ, and follow the light home.

Principle: When in God and in His Son alone we trust,
Our eyes can see clearly as He removes the dross!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment